Chlorine proof swimwear is a great investment. If you take proper care of your swimsuit you may find that it will last about three or more seasons, saving you time and money. Chlorine resistant swimwear is made from 100% polyester, and while it is hard wearing, it still requires special attention to keep it looking and feeling good for longer.
If you swim in chlorinated public pools, heated pools or spas, you need to invest in chlorine resistant swimwear. Normal Lycra and Spandex blends will disintegrate in chemically treated pools and won't even last a season. Making the change to pool proof fabrics is a smart move but you still need to follow care instructions carefully.
Chlorine Resistant Navy and White Dots 3 Tier Tankini Top
We recommend following these steps to keep your chlorine proof swimsuit at its best.
- The key is to hand wash your swimsuit after swimming in it. Wash your swimsuit in cold tap water.
- High amounts of chlorine will damage your swimwear. Rinsing it with pool wash is highly recommended.
- Do not wash your swimsuit in spa baths.
- Use mild detergent
- Do not wring or soak or bleach your swimsuit.
- Do not tumble try your swimsuit
- Make sure that you do drip dry your swimsuit in the shade
- Do not leave rolled up and wet.
- Rinse thoroughly after use.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Some colours may fade in the sunlight.
- To remove trapped sand, gently run fingernail over the dried swimwear fabric.
- Avoid contact with rough surfaces as this may cause pulling to the swimwear.
Chlorine Resistant Navy and White Dots Wide Strap Swim Dress
Following these steps will help to prolong the life of your swimsuit. You will find that your swimsuit will last and keep its quality for a long time after buying. It won't fade colour, stretch out of shape or lose the quality in the fabric.
The easiest way to remember, is by jumping in a cold shower with your swimsuit on after swimming. By the time the water heats up, you can hang your swimsuit outside the shower and continue to shower. Hang it in the shade to drip dry, simply by hanging it over the clothes line as it is. It is so easy to take care of your pool proof swimwear.
If you do not take good care of your chlorine resistant swimwear then you will see it deteriorate faster than you would hope for. Despite the fabric being chlorine proof, you still need to take care of it.
These care instructions can also be used for any of your other swimwear. It will certainly help in making the swimsuit last longer. The better care of your swimsuit, the better it will last and look.